About the Firm
Fort Lauderdale Boutique Criminal Defense Firm Concentrating on Complex Federal and State Litigation
Located in downtown Fort Lauderdale, The Kreiss Law Firm is a boutique criminal defense firm concentrating on complex criminal cases in federal and state courts around the country and throughout the State of Florida. Our attorneys rely on more than 30 years of combined legal experience to aggressively defend against allegations involving white collar crime, drug trafficking, fraud and other types of criminal offenses. We limit our practice to a small group of clients in order to maximize our focus on the details and strategy of each case, while treating our clients and their families with the dignity and respect they deserve. We strive to maintain constant communication with our clients and their families during what is often the most difficult time in their lives.
Dedicated advocates assert the rights of accused individuals nationwide
Since its founding in 1999, our firm has earned an exceptional reputation based on our:
- Strong recommendations — Throughout South Florida and across the country, we have been recognized by clients and colleagues alike as attorneys who deliver winning results in complex criminal cases. Firm founder Jason Kreiss has earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest attorney peer rating for legal ability and ethics by attorneys and judges familiar with his work in the area of Criminal Law and White Collar Crime. Jason was also just named to the 2019 Super Lawyers, in the area of White Collar Criminal Defense, a rating attained by only the top 5% of the attorneys practicing in Florida.
- Individualized attention — As a boutique criminal defense firm, we take a hands-on approach to each case and work tirelessly to find creative solutions to the toughest legal challenges. We will develop a sound strategy based on your particular circumstances and objectives.
- Compassionate counsel — Providing comprehensive support to someone accused of a crime requires more than courtroom skill. Our firm treats each client with compassion and respect because we understand the effect that a criminal allegation has on our clients and their families.
Being accused of a crime is confusing and can be terrifying. The best way to increase the likelihood of a favorable outcome is to retain a qualified defense attorney as early as possible to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the prosecution's case in order to make the correct strategic decisions. We offer a complimentary initial consultation to make the process easier.
Areas of Practice
Experienced attorneys advise on white collar crime, drug trafficking, and other criminal and regulatory offenses
In State cases throughout Florida and in Federal cases around the country, we provide skillful, aggressive representation in cases related to:
- State and federal criminal defense — Our firm has an extensive track record in state and federal criminal defense matters including actions pertaining to financial crimes, sex crimes, weapons offenses and federal habeas corpus claims.
- Drug crimes — We defend clients in all types of drug crime litigation, including prosecutions that add conspiracy counts and other tangential allegations.
- Criminal and civil property forfeiture — Only recently, the general public has become aware of the injustice that marks criminal and civil property forfeiture proceedings. Whatever prompted the action against you, our firm will press for an appropriate resolution.
- White collar crimes — Handling white collar crime defense correctly demands close attention from an accomplished attorney. We have the background and focus to litigate a full array of white collar counts, such as accusations of identity theft and internet crimes.
- Medicare and Medicaid fraud defense — If you’ve been accused of Medicare or Medicaid fraud, our firm investigates the relevant facts and battles against unfounded charges.
- Regulatory Offenses: In addition to criminal cases prosecuted by the Department of Justice and the Office of the State Attorney, we regularly assist clients who are being investigated by or who receive subpoenas from the Office of Financial Regulation, the Board of Medicine, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Federal Trade Commission (FTC), U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory agencies.
Regardless of how complicated your situation is or how strong you believe the government's case to be, we will employ a strategy to obtain the best possible result.
Contact an established Florida criminal defense lawyer for a free consultation
The Kreiss Law Firm represents clients in complex criminal defense matters adjudicated in Florida state courts and federal courts around the United States. Please call 877-525-1971 or contact us online
to schedule a free initial consultation at our Fort Lauderdale office.